Create a School Website - Part 3: Practical Suggestions - SafetyPractical suggestions for the realization of the mentioned above aims and elements of a school website with the pupils.
Practical suggestions for the realization of the mentioned above aims and elements of a school website with the pupils.
1. Safety in dealing with media
Computers and the internet exert a magical appeal on children and teenagers but in dealing with that, still most of them are left alone. Before their media design starts, pupils should therefore learn dealing as surely as possible with the internet, mobile telephone and the computer to be able to move safely in the net.
It is aim primarily to convey a sensibility to the pupils with which dangers they have to calculate, for example:
- spying out of data and passwords
- data loss
- viruses, trojans and spyware
- abuse of the internet access of one's own by WLAN
- deceit at online banking
- spam e-mails
- pornography, violence presentation, right-wing radicalism and racism
- download and passing on of on copyright protected contents
- confidence tricksters, "free of charge"-stitches and subscription traps
- spying the privacy out.
In order to be able to teach this sensibility for the above dangers, you should address to the ministry of education in your country to get suitable information and printed materials.